You can start feeding puppies from 3 weeks until it is approx. 90% adult. With START your dog gets set the foundation for a long life.
UniQ START should really be called a growth feed because it is balanced so your puppy will have the best conditions for growth and bone development. We have selected raw materials to make it a pleasure for your puppy to eat.
The forage is containing everything your puppy needs and you should avoid adding minerals and vitamins in order not to disrupt the balance. Start is available in two versions one for puppies (small) and one for Junior (large)
You can give START both in dry form and diluted in water. Make sure your puppy always has access to fresh water.
You NOURISHED correctly when your puppy is neither too thick or too thin.
You should consider a ready-mixed portion as a fresh product. You should not leave it in room temperature all day. Would you like to give extra you can get a little A-38 or a raw egg yolk sometimes in between.
Feed Quantity and the dog’s energy is not proportional to weight.
• Dogs with thick fur burn up less fur than dogs with little fur.
• Large dogs have relatively higher consumption than small dogs.
• Dogs living outside have more consumption than dogs living indoors.
• There is a difference of individuals with regard to absorption and burning
• Some puppies and breeds are more lively than others
Today’s Needs, which are listed in the feed guide is indicative only.
You are the best to judge how much your puppy must have. The main thing is that you do not over feed.
START proteins come from fish and chicken. These proteins have high convertability (biological value).
Proteins are the building blocks necessary for growth and to build the immune system. They may also be burned and stored as fat.
The amino acids in proteins, the dog need.
22 different amino acids are necessary. Dogs can even provide 12 The remainder may be added. By choosing both chicken and fish as protein source, ensure your puppy gets a balanced amino acid composition of the essential amino acids.
Especially fish, but chicken has higher biological value than for example, meat from cattle and pigs.
• Eggs 100
• Fish 92
• Chicken 88
• Meat 78 – does not exist in UniQ
• Soya Protein 67 – does not exist in UniQ
The puppies only grow too fast when feeding them to much food – not by feeding them Proteine.
17 % Fat
Fatty acids derives from vegetable oils and fish. START has a high content of polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Fat is the substance that gives the most energy during combustion. Fat is energy input in concentrated form. Omega fatty acids are essential and polyunsaturated.
Omega 3 comes from fish and Omega 6 comes from corn.
The oil in START is soybean oil, which has a very high content of polyunsaturated fatty acids. These are important for the fur and skin (fat and flexibility)
Some fats the dog can provide itself, other must be supplied (essential). In the UniQ series many have been added.
Fat is perishable and can be rancid. This means that it is necessary to add antioxidants. In UniQ vitamin E used is as antioxidant. Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant. Shelf life, light and moisture are the worst offenders in relation to preserving the fat qualities. Therefore, fresh feed is always the best – START is delivered more fresh than other feed on the market.
Packaging and storage means a lot to that the fat quality is maintained. So UniQ Series bags are black inside and full welded, and of both weather- sun resistant film.
For the sake of the environment the new film in the series UniQ is reusable and does not constitute a hazard to groundwater, as it can be burned in incinerators without danger.
3% Crude fiber
Crude fibres are insoluble and serves to absorb water and ensure a degree of filling of the colon. Fibre affects throughput time of food.
6,5% Crude ash
Crude ash represents mineral component
Carbohydrates provide energy and act on gut function.
Carbohydrates are found in soluble and non-soluble forms. Note that there are many carbohydrates in relation to other feed types. Are carbohydrates stated as NFE, Crude fibre and crude ash are included. Soluble carbohydrates are found in cereals and maize. The extent to which they can be digested depends on the treatment before and during production. In the UniQ series the raw materials are heated at least twice, first during mixing, then the diet is baked. It is also important that the dog has enzymes to break down the carbohydrates.
Compared with other products the water content is very low. The norm is 10% or more. One can also say that you get a discount of 3%.
Minerals – calcium: phosphorus ratio 1,1:0,9
All minerals are calculated
Minerals constitute only 0.7% of the body, but work together with vitamins and enzymes.
Macro minerals: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and chloride. Contents of calcium and phosphorus is given by 100 grams. Calcium and phosphorus are calculated and adjusted in relation to what each individual ingredient contributes with. Therefore you should not add more of these minerals, since the production and the calculation is adapted for your puppies’ growth.
Calcium and phosphorus are playing together and if they are unbalanced, it will cause problems with the skeleton, including dysplasia in the hip (HD).
Too high a phosphorus content may also cause kidney damage. One-sided feeding of meat will provide an excess of phosphorus. Therefore, tripe may be dangerous.
START has a higher content of vitamin and minerals together with a balanced content of calcium and phosphorus hereby ensuring optimal growth. START can also be used by pregnant and lactating bitches, which also requires higher content. It is measured that the obese puppies contains more calcium than normal. That means you can not feed too much. Both too much and too little calcium and phosphorus can give puppy problems.
No studies show that there is a difference between fast-growing breeds and others regarding the need for calcium and phosphorus.
Micro minerals: copper, manganese, cobalt, zinc, iodine, iron, selenium. Selenium is added, and works together with vitamin E and certain enzymes. Zinc is an essential mineral. Zinc deficiency can be seen on the coat. Calcium can bind zinc and too much calcium may therefore cause lack of zinc. Fish has a very high content of zinc.
With START your puppy evades problems caused by mineral deficiency and poor composition. You should not add minerals to the diet and thereby upset the balance.
All vitamins are added
A, D, E, are fat soluble. They are stored up and built into the body.
C and B are water soluble and are stored only in very small extents in the body.
• Vitamin A. Natural sources of vitamin A are liver, fish-liver oil, vegetables and dairy products. Vitamin A has a vital role in vision, metabolism, gap, development of teeth and reproduction. Vitamin A is not water soluble and can be stored in the liver. Too much vitamin A will drag out the calcium of bones. This could mean that the puppy will have anomalous bone growth and be abnormal nerve aroused. For the puppy the vitamin A quantity is therefore particularly important and the puppy has not had time to store anything in the liver.
• Vitamin C. There is not added vitamin C in UniQ series. The dog can produce vitamin C in the liver.
• Vitamin D. Natural sources are the sun, fish-liver oils and dairy products. Vitamin D plays an important role in the regulation of calcium / phosphorus levels because it stimulates the liver to retain calcium. Therefore, the vitamin has influence on bone formation and nerve- and muscle control. Sign of deficiencies is the “English disease” and poor growth of permanent teeth.
• Vitamin E. Vitamin E is added and is a natural preservative in the UniQ – series. Natural sources are cold-pressed oils, meat, nuts. The vitamin is fat soluble and stored in the liver. The vitamin is included in most of the body’s metabolisms. Signs of deficiencies are weakened immunity, problems with the retina and pregnancy.
B – vitamin complex, which consists of the following:
• B 1 – thiamine. Deficiency means: Loss of appetite, loss of reflexes and nerve control.
• B2 – riboflavin. Deficiency means: Loss of appetite, weight, and diarrhoea.
• B6 – pyridoxine. Deficiency means: Anaemia, skin problems, poor growth.
• B12 – cobalamin. Deficiency means: Blood problems.
• D – Pantothenic acid. Deficiency means: Hair loss, diarrhoea.
• Niacin. Deficiency means: Lack of appetite and weight, inflamed gums.
• Biotin. Deficiency means: Poor fur, dry skin, diarrhoea.
• Folic Acid. Deficiency means: Problems in bone marrow and blood.
With START your puppy is prevented from problems caused by vitamin deficiency and poor vitamin mix. You should not add vitamins to the diet and thereby upset the balance