FULL FEED FOR THE OLDER DOG – ORANGE LABEL
UniQ LIGHT is designed for dogs which have grown older, overweight dogs and dogs that have lower protein needs.
LIGHT is a full feed. This means that all the necessary nutrients that the older dog needs is adapted into the energy content of the food.
IN LIGHT is has been taken into account the changes that can occur when your dog gets older. This happens from 6 years of age for the major breeds and 8 years for smaller breeds. IN LIGHT the proteins that best protect the liver and kidneys have been selected. There are fewer calories and more vitamins and a high content of essential unsaturated fatty acids. With LIGHT your dog is ensured a good start on retirement and for the overweight dog it is a good diet, which along with exercise will give your dog health and vitality.
LIGHT is always delivered fresh. We of course provide production date, so you can see when the feed was produced.
You can give LIGHT both in dry form and diluted in water. Make sure your dog always has access to fresh water.
The recommended feed amounts to 13 to 21 grams per kg dog per day. But you are the best to look at your dog, how much it must have. Especially for the older dog you must be careful so it does not become overweight.
You should treat a ready-mixed portion as a fresh product. You should not leave it in room temperature all day.
Would you like to give extra you can get a little yogurt or a raw egg yolk in the feed once in a while.
The food is best stored cool, dark and dry.
The food does this for your dog:
Energy content in the feed is -330 kcal or 1380 kJ
The energy in the diet comes mainly from highly digestible proteins and fat. In addition, carbohydrate is also included as an energy source.
Feed Quantity and the dog’s energy are not proportional to weight:
– Dogs with thick fur burn up more than dogs with little fur.
– Large dogs have relatively higher consumption than small dogs.
– Dogs living outside have more consumption than dogs living indoors.
– There is a difference of individuals with regard to absorption and burning up.
– Some breeds are livelier than others.
The daily need, as specified in the feed guide is therefore indicative only.
If your older dog has to work (a lot of exercise, hunt, track, etc.) through an extended period, you should make sure it receives enough energy to do so through food. During these periods you can benefit from mixing the LIGHT with POWER or BASIC.
17 % Proteins
The proteins in LIGHT protein come from animal proteins of high quality and digestibility. Therefore eggs, fish and chicken are in LIGHT.
Proteins are the building blocks necessary to maintain the older dog and support the immune system. Additionally they can be burned off and stored as fat. For not converting the proteins to fat, there is an adjusted lower protein content in LIGHT.
It is the amino acids in the proteins, the dog needs.
22 different amino acids are necessary. Dogs can provide 12 themselves. The remainder must be added. By choosing eggs, chicken and fish as protein source, your dog is ensured a balanced mix of essential amino acids.
Especially eggs, but also fish and chicken tops the scale of proteins that the dog can benefit from the easiest.
-Beef and pork 78 – does not exist in UniQ
-Soybean Protein 67 – does not exist in UniQ
9 % Fat
The fatty acids derive from vegetable oils and fish. LIGHT has a high content of polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Fat is the substance that gives the most energy during combustion. Fat is energy input in concentrated form. Omega fatty acids are essential and polyunsaturated.
Omega 3 comes from fish and Omega 6 comes from corn.
The oil in the LIGHT is rapeseed oil, which has plenty of polyunsaturated fatty acids. These are important for the fur and skin (fat and flexibility)
Some fat the dog can provide itself, others must be added (essential). In the UniQ series many essential have been added.
Fat is perishable and can be rancid. This means that it is necessary to add antioxidants. In UniQ vitamin E is used as an antioxidant.
Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant. Shelf life, light and humidity are the worst offenders in relation to preserving the fat qualities. Therefore, fresh feed is always the best – LIGHT is delivered more fresh than other feed on the market.
Packaging and fat:
Packaging and storage mean a lot to that the fat quality is maintained. So the UniQ Series’ bags are black inside and are fully welded, and of both weather- and sun resistant film.
For the sake of the environment the new film in the UniQ series is reusable and does not constitute a hazard to groundwater, as it can be burned in incinerators without danger.
4,0 % Crude fibre
Crude fibres are insoluble and serve to absorb water and ensure a degree of filling of the colon. Fibre affects throughput time of food. IN LIGHT sugars and fibres together will optimize bowel function.
5,5 % Crude ash
Crude ash represents the mineral component.
Carbohydrates provide energy and act on gut function.
Carbohydrates are found in soluble and non-soluble forms. If you want to compare UNIQ with other products, you should know that carbohydrates can also be stated as NFE or N-free. If it is, Crude fibre and crude ash are included. Soluble carbohydrates are found in grain and maize. The extent to which they can be digested depends on the treatment before and during production. In the UniQ series the raw material is heated at least twice, first during mixing, then when the diet is baked. It is also important that the dog has enzymes to break down the carbohydrates. The grain products are in bread quality.
Compared with other products the water content is very low. The norm is 10% or more. But you can also say that you get a discount of 3%.
Minerals – the ratio of calcium: phosphorus 0.8:0,6
All minerals are calculated
Minerals constitute only 0.7% of the body, but works together with vitamins and enzymes.
Macro minerals: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and chloride. Contents of calcium and phosphorus are stated in 100 grams. Calcium and phosphorus are calculated and adjusted in relation to what each ingredient contributes. Therefore do not add extra of these minerals.
Calcium and phosphorus are playing together and if they are unbalanced, it may cause problems with the skeleton.
Too high a phosphorus content may also cause kidney damage. One-sided feeding of meat will provide an excess of phosphorus. Therefore, tripe may be dangerous. To make it easier for the older dogs and dogs with kidney problems a lower content of phosphorus is in LIGHT.
Micro minerals: copper, manganese, cobalt, zinc, iodine, iron, selenium.
Selenium is added, and works together with vitamin E and certain enzymes.
Zinc is an essential mineral. Zinc deficiency can be seen on the coat. Calcium can bind zinc and too much calcium may therefore cause lack of zinc. Fish has a very high content of zinc.
With LIGHT your dog avoids problems caused by improper mineral composition. You do therefore not need to add minerals to the feed and thereby upset the balance.
All vitamins are added
IN LIGHT more vitamins and trace elements have been added to enhance the immune system, but also because the older dog’s ability to provide some of these substances themselves is lower than the younger dog’s.
A, D and E are fat soluble. They are stored up and built into the body
C and B are water soluble and are stored only to a very small extent in the body
– Vitamin A. Natural sources of vitamin A are liver, fish-liver oil, vegetables and dairy products. Vitamin A has a vital role in vision, metabolism, skeleton, development of teeth and reproduction. Vitamin A is not water soluble and can be stored in the liver. Too much vitamin A will draw the calcium out of bones.
– Vitamin C. There is not added vitamin C in the UniQ series. The dog can provide vitamin C in the liver.
– Vitamin D. Natural sources of vitamin D are sunlight, fish-liver oils and dairy products. Vitamin D plays an important role in the regulation of calcium / phosphorus levels because it stimulates the liver to retain calcium. Therefore, the vitamin influences bone formation and nerve- and muscle control. Signs of deficiencies are the “rachitis” and poor growth of permanent teeth.
– Vitamin E. Vitamin E is added, and is a natural preservative in the UniQ – series. Natural sources are cold-pressed oils, meat, nuts. The vitamin is fat soluble and stored in the liver. The vitamin is included in most of the body’s metabolism. Signs of deficiencies are weakened immune systems and problems with the retina.
B – vitamin complex, which consists of the following:
– B1 – thiamine. Deficiency means: Loss of appetite, loss of reflexes and nerve control.
– B2 – riboflavin. Deficiency means: Loss of appetite, weight, and diarrhoea.
– B6 – pyridoxine. Deficiency means: Anaemia, skin problems, poor growth.
– B12 – cobalamin. Deficiency means: Blood problems.
– D – Pantothenic acid. Shortage means loss of hair, diarrhoea.
– Niacin. Deficiency means: Lack of appetite and weight, inflamed gums.
– Biotin. Deficiency means: Poor layer of hair, dry skin, diarrhoea.
– Folic acid. Deficiency means: Problems in bone marrow and blood.
With Light your dog is protected from problems caused by incorrect vitamin mix. You should not add vitamins to the feed and thereby upset the balance.