Gluten-free quality complete food for adult dogs – Red label
A gluten-free product for the adult dog who needs a little extra or who reacts to gluten.
UniQ Active is a dog food that contains all the necessary nutrients that your dog needs. If your dog is among the approximately 2% who are allergic to gluten or do you want your dog to have a strong gluten-reduced diet, we have developed UNIQ ACTIVE which also lives up to UniQ’s standard that a food should be broadly composed. We have emphasized the use of raw materials that release energy over a longer period of time and Active can thus also be used if your dog needs to provide extra.
In the distribution of proteins and fats, we have used the experience of dog handlers from the police. They mix UniQ Basic with UniQ Power which has a higher fat & protein content which gives them a food that they can use all year round, while dogs can provide when needed.
UniQ Active is always delivered fresh. We of course state the production date, so you can see for yourself when it was produced.
You can give UniQ Activ dog food both in dry form and soaked in water. Make sure your dog always has access to fresh water.
Indicative feed amounts are 10-17 grams per. kilo dog pr. day. But you are the best at looking at your dog how much it should have.
You should treat ready-mixed portion as a fresh product. Therefore, you should not leave it at room temperature all day.
Chicken and chicken products, corn, animal fats, peas, fish and fish oil, beet fiber, potato starch, rice, brewer’s yeast, krill, minerals and vitamins.
Energy content in the feed – 396 Kcal or 1656kj
The energy in food comes primarily from highly metabolizable proteins and fats. In addition, carbohydrates also count as an energy source.
The amount of food and the dog’s energy needs are not proportional to the weight.
Daily requirements, which are stated in the feed guide, are therefore only indicative.
Exercise, hard training and hunting increase energy needs. For example, the energy need for hunting is double the need for rest. A hard working dog is one who has to work for several hours several times during the week. The dog gets almost 2/3 of its energy consumption from fat, ¼ part from proteins and the rest from carbohydrates. If your dog works hard several times during the week, it is recommended to feed with POWER.
- Dogs with heavy fur burn less than dogs with poor fur.
- Large dogs have relatively greater consumption than small dogs.
- Outgoing dogs have greater consumption than inbound dogs.
- Difference in the individual in terms of uptake and combustion
- Some breeds are more active/energetic than others
24 % Proteins
The proteins in BASIC come from fish and chicken. These proteins have high convertibility (biological value).
Proteins are the building blocks necessary for growth and to build the immune system. They may also be burned up and stored as fat.
It is the amino acids in proteins the dog needs.
22 different amino acids are necessary. Dogs can provide 12 themselves. The remainder must be added. By choosing both chicken and fish as protein source, your puppy is ensured a balanced amino acid composed of essential amino acids. Especially fish, but also chicken has higher biological value than for example, meat from cattle and pigs.
– Eggs 100
– Fish 92
– Chicken 88
– Beef and pork 78 – does not exist in UniQ
– Soybean Protein 67 – does not exist in UniQ
The fatty acids are derived from vegetable oils and fish. BASIC therefore has a high content of polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Fat is the substance that gives the most energy during metabolism. Fat is energy input in concentrated form. Omega fatty acids are essential and at the same time polyunsaturated.
Omega 3 comes from fish and Omega 6 comes from corn.
The oil in Active is soybean oil, which has a very high content of polyunsaturated fatty acids. These are important for the fur and skin (fat and flexibility)
Some fats the dog can produce itself, others must be added (essential). In the UniQ series many essentials have been added.
Fat is perishable and can be rancid. This means that it is necessary to add antioxidants. In UniQ vitamin E is used as an antioxidant. Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant. Shelf life, light and humidity are the worst offenders in relation to preserving the fat qualities. Therefore, fresh feed is always the best – BASIC is delivered more fresh than other feed on the market. Packaging and storage means a lot for the fat quality to be maintained. So the UniQ Series bags are black inside and fully welded, and of both weather- and sun resistant film.
For the sake of the environment the new film in the UniQ series is reusable and does not constitute a hazard to groundwater, as it can be burned in incinerators without danger.
2,5 % Crude fibre
Crude fibre are insoluble and serves to absorb water and ensure a degree of filling of the colon. Fibre affects throughput time of food.
6,5 % Crude ash
Crude ash represents the mineral component
35 % Kulhydrater
Carbohydrates provide energy and act on gut function.
Carbohydrates are found in soluble and non-soluble forms. Note that there are not many carbohydrates in relation to other feed types. Are carbohydrates stated as NFE, crude fibre and crude ash are included. Soluble carbohydrates are found in cereals and maize. The extent to which they can be absorbed depends on the treatment before and during production. In the UniQ series the raw material is heated at least twice, first during mixing, then the diet is baked. It is also important that the dog has enzymes to break down the carbohydrates.
Compared to other products, the water content is very low. The normal is 10% and above.
Minerals – Calcium: phosphorus ratio 1,1:0,9
All minerals are calculated.
Minerals constitute only 0.7% of the body, but work together with vitamins and enzymes.
Macro minerals: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and chloride. The contents of calcium and phosphorus are stated by 100 grams. Calcium and phosphorus are calculated and adjusted in relation to what each individual ingredient contributes with. Therefore you should not add more of these minerals. Calcium and phosphorus are playing together and if they are unbalanced, it will cause problems with the skeleton.
Too high a phosphorus content may also cause kidney damage. One-sided feeding of meat will provide an excess of phosphorus. Therefore, tripe may be dangerous. Micro minerals: copper, manganese, cobalt, zinc, iodine, iron, selenium. Selenium is added, and works together with vitamin E and certain enzymes. Zinc is an essential mineral. Zinc deficiency can be seen on the coat. Calcium can bind zinc and too much calcium may therefore cause lack of zinc. Fish has a very high content of zinc.
With POWER you can add extra energy and you are sure that your dog does not get problems caused by lack of minerals and poor composition. You should not add minerals to the feed and thereby upset the balance.
All vitamins are added
A, D, and E are fat soluble. They are stored up and built into the body.
C and B are water soluble and are stored only in very small extent in the body.
• Vitamin A. Natural sources of vitamin A are liver, fish-liver oil, vegetables and dairy products. Vitamin A has a vital role in vision, metabolism, skeleton, development of teeth and reproduction. Vitamin A is not water soluble and can be stored in the liver. Too much vitamin A will drag out the calcium of bones.
• Vitamin C. There is not added vitamin C in the UniQ series. The dog can produce vitamin C in the liver.
• Vitamin D. Natural sources are the sun, fish-liver oils and dairy products. Vitamin D plays an important role in the regulation of calcium / phosphorus levels because it stimulates the liver to retain calcium. Therefore, the vitamin has influence on bone formation and nerve- and muscle control. Signs of deficiencies are the “rachitis” and poor growth of permanent teeth.
• Vitamin E. Vitamin E is added and is a natural preservative in the UniQ – series. Natural sources are cold-pressed oils, meat and nuts. The vitamin is fat soluble and stored in the liver. The vitamin is included in most of the body’s metabolisms. Signs of deficiencies are weakened immunity, problems with the retina and with pregnancy
B – vitamin complex, which consists of the following:
• B 1 – thiamine. Deficiency means: Loss of appetite, loss of reflexes and nerve control.
• B2 – riboflavin. Deficiency means: Loss of appetite, weight, and diarrhoea.
• B6 – pyridoxine. Deficiency means: Anaemia, skin problems, poor growth.
• B12 – cobalamin. Deficiency means: Blood problems.
• D – Pantothenic acid. Deficiency means: Hair loss, diarrhoea.
• Niacin. Deficiency means: Lack of appetite and weight, inflamed gums.
• Biotin. Deficiency means: Poor fur, dry skin, diarrhoea.
• Folic Acid. Deficiency means: Problems in bone marrow and blood.
With ACTIVE your dog is prevented from problems caused by vitamin deficiency and poor vitamin mix. You should not add vitamins to the feed and thereby upset the balance.
Complete feed analysis – click here